Monday, September 27, 2010

A Great Life Plan




This morning, I was reading through a verse that I have read dozens of times and has had a lot of impact on me over the years. But this time as I was reading it, I realized that this verse lines out an amazing plan for your life.

Every year Jenny and I spend some time asking God what He has for us in this new season. But it doesn't take me too long before I begin to ask the questions, "what's new... what's next."

I've realized that I'm not the only person asking those questions. People everyday are wanting to climb the next mountain or move on to the greener grass. Life just doesn't seem as much fun anymore in this plot of land we have been given.

When you get to those times, Psalm 37:3-9 is a great place to come back to. Take a few minutes and just chew through this verse and let it quiet your heart.

3Trust in the LORD and do good;
         
Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
    
4Delight yourself in the LORD;
         And He will
give you the desires of your heart.
    
5Commit your way to the LORD,
         Trust also in Him, and He will do it.
    
6He will bring forth our righteousness as the light
         And your judgment
as the noonday.
    
7Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him;
         
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
         Because of the man who carries out wicked schemes.
    
8Cease from anger and forsake wrath;
         Do not fret; it leads only to evildoing.
    
9For evildoers will be cut off,
         But those who wait for the LORD, they will
inherit the land.


The beauty of this passage is the balance between action and rest. We often get in trouble when we take too much pride in our own grand ideas and forget to trust God and rest in His timing and His plan.

No comments: